North Star Academy Laval offers a hockey program that will provide
student athletes to reach their maximum potential in both the athletic and
academic domains. The program provides weekly on-ice practices, training
sessions, physical evaluation, personalized nutritional and work out program with
an experienced physical trainer and coach, François Landreville.
GOALS: LEARNING | DEVELOPMENT | PLEASURE
A — PLAN OBJECTIVES AND PACKAGES:
• Year 2015-2016: September 16th, 2015 to April 30th, 2016:
• 25 weeks of training off and on ice.
• 2 off-ice workouts per week of one hour each – physical preparation at Tennis 13 Fitness.
(transportation costs paid by North Star Academy). Schedule:
Monday and Friday: 7.00 am to 8.00 am
• 1 on ice development training per week at the arena (location to be determined)
of one hour each. Schedule: Wednesday : 7.00 am to 8.00 am.
• Access to Tennis 13 Fitness facilities from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm from Monday to Friday.
* 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm : court fees not included for tennis, badminton, racquetball and squash. Saturday
and Sunday with NSA hockey program cards. 14 years and under: no access to the gym
B — PROGRAM OFF ICE (HOCKEY): (3 TIMES A WEEK OF 1 HOUR)
• Re balanced body | Plyometrics | Muscle Mass | Stretching | Activation | Core training (stabilizing)
• Introduction to weightlifting | Muscle Relaxation | Visualization
C — ON ICE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
• Balance | Explosive departures | Skate forward | Skate backward | Pivots | Sudden turns | Passes
• Handling | Crossings | Shots | Understanding the game | 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 2 | Game situations