Please join us for the next Parent Committee meeting on Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 @ 7:00PM. This is an open committee, so every parent is welcome – and encouraged! – to attend.
New this year: teacher participation. Mrs. Pepin will be there to represent the Administration, but 3 teachers have also committed to taking part in our meetings so we get their feedback and points of view:
- Mrs. Graziani
- Mr. Scerbo
- Mme. Sater
1) Define & clarify the purpose, roles and functions of the Parent Committee.
2) June Final Exam grades: some questions had been raised about how the exams are graded vs. the final term grade. This will be explained.
3) NSAL Web Site: summer updates could have been done to keep parents abreast of news, as well as remind them of important points.
4) Parent Committee fee: every family is required to pay $200 per year. Mrs. Pepin will detail how these funds have been/will be used.
5) Phys. Ed. vs. Art: several parents have raised the point that art classes are much more frequent than phys. ed. Mrs. Pepin will explain why that is.
6) Music: several parents have asked why the music program is no longer available.
7) Various – other points that can be brought up during the meeting.
Please note that the minutes of the meeting will be posted to the website several days after the meeting.