NORTH STAR ACADEMY LAVAL’S INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES POLICY
North Star Academy Laval is dedicated to enhancing the use of technology in the classroom. Our students are no longer homogeneous in terms of their abilities and the manner in which they learn. Our pupils are bombarded with a multitude of information available to them from a variety of resources. Therefore, they need to be able to decipher what is beneficial to them. Technological resources engage students in solving complex, authentic problems that cross disciplinary boundaries. Subsequently, the academy is committed to use learning tools that will provide structure and a collaborative learning environment for all our students.
Our technological commitment is guided by the following principles:
– Teachers set up projects and arrange for access to appropriate resources
– Teachers create organizational structures and support systems that can help students succeed.
– Tools and approaches that favor communication and comprehension skills are utilized.
– Teachers integrate resources into their lessons and their daily teaching methods.
– Teachers encourage and promote 21st century skills and digital citizenship.